The battle to be free of the diet mentality…
I get it. Not as simple as it sounds, especially when 60 Billion Dollars are pumped into the industry each year and we are bombarded with constant messages to lose weight, get in shape for summer, drop the last 5 pounds, the latest celebrity diet, lose those winter poundsn, and on and on…
So what do you do?
Well if you suffer with an eating disorder, the whole dieting game is playing with fire.
Today’s Q&A is about mixing sneaky dieting behavior with intuitive eating and why this doesn’t work.
Trust me, I have tried it.
Over and Over and Over again.
Thank you Mary for your question. Im sure many readers can relate.
It can just be so hard to surrender right?
Well the good news is that you do not have to do it all at once.
The first part begins with getting honest.
Here is a sneaky dieting behavior checklist – see how many of these things your are doing.
Let’s get real and honest here. If only with ourselves.
Honesty is the key that will open the other doors to change.
Sneaky Diet Behavior Checklist:
- Eating low fat/low carb food
- Judging what you “should” eat based on what you have eaten that day
- Not eating after certain times
- Counting calories, carbs, fat content
- Reading online weight loss websites
- Using online calorie counters
- Punishing yourself for eating “bad” food
- Sticking to only certain “safe” food
- Excessive Exercise
Can you relate to any of this?
Share your experience below in the comments! Your honesty will help others to be free to express their own truth…