Whether we know it or know, most of our lives are run and dictated by old beliefs that we picked up along the way and we have set an upper limit for ourselves as to the amount of joy, freedom, happiness, success, love and peace that we can feel.
We lock ourselves in with our core negative beliefs that steer us around and around in the same old negative circles – often without even knowing what they are and that we hold them.
It takes some sincere courage and self honesty to dig them out, a willingness to look them square in the face, then to see them for the lies that they are, create opposing beliefs that will empower you and hold onto them like your life depends on it. Because it does.
Desire those new beliefs as much as you desire your next breath. That’s the secret.
12 B.S Beliefs to Let Go of for an Awesome New Year
1. Recovery is not possible for ME. Why are you special? If one person can do it, anyone can do it. You always have a choice. Practice saying the opposite to yourself for one week and tell me what happens.
2. This diet will work. 98% percent of diets fail. Its a fact. Look it up. Move on
3. I am too fat to go go out. Its your disease talking. Tell it to go find some other sucker to talk to. Get dressed, get out and shine.
4. I don’t know how to eat intuitively – I can’t follow the rules. Who made up the rules? Make up your own. It’s much more fun. You are freer than you think.
5. I will never recover. That’s your belief and your choice. You can always choose the opposite. Remove the word “never” and write out the new statement 12 times. Paste it all over your house. Keep it in your wallet. Put it under your pillow. Get it tattooed.
6. I have been too sick for too long and so I cant recover. A lie. All you have is the present moment. Change can happen in an instant.
7. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to eat, I don’t know… You have all the answers inside of you. You CAN figure it out. Get “I don’t know” out of your vocabulary. Replace it with “I will figure it out”. You know how to sneak binge food, purge, starve without anyone knowing, lie to people about what you are doing, hide, isolate and harm yourself. You know a lot more that you think. You will figure it out
8. I don’t have enough confidence or self esteem to go out. A lie to keep you stuck and isolated. The only way your are gonna get confidence and self esteem is by getting out and doing self esteeming things, being in situations where you have no choice but to act with courage and confidence, its a muscle. Use it. It will grow. You don’t know how strong you are until you have no choice but to be.
Courage rolls up fear and smokes it
9. I’m not good enough. Compared to who? Your only measure should be against yourself. Its like a golf game. Measure your progress by your own par, not anyone else’s.
Say your name out loud 12 times. Stake your claim in the universe. You are just as worthy of being here as anyone else. You are more powerful, resilient and special than you know.
10. I can’t change. Too bad, because you already are, The universe is constantly growing, changing and expanding. That includes you. Even reading this has changed you in some way. You have no control over it, so why not go with it and make the best of it?
11. I don’t know where to start. Right where you are at will do.
12. I am all alone. This evening, when the night falls, go over to window, look up at the sky and feel certain that loneliness is a lie, because the Universe is there to keep you company.
Now what are you gonna let go of to get to where you wanna be?
Let go of these BS beliefs and any others that are keeping you stuck. Let go of the BS story that keeps you from being where you want to be.
Take a deep breath.
Close your eyes.
Let it go.
And tomorrow, when the sun rises, all you have to say to yourselves is:
I am going to think of this day as the first day of my life.
Write a new story about your awesome new life and keep telling that one. Share it with us all in the comments.
Tell us your NEW story about your future of recovery, freedom, success, abundance, magic, love and miracles… and stick to that story. You were not born with a resume or any fixed story. This is your life, your script. . You can rewrite it at any time.
You were not created by your mother, father, school or work… but by every experience that has brought you to this point. Now what are you going to do with it?
To a new story, new beliefs, new miracles and unlimited freedom and abundance in 2013
If our circumstances tempt us to think thoughts such as, “I must not be good enough,” “I will never have another chance,” “It will take forever for this to right itself,” or “I hate whoever is to blame for this,” then miracles, though they are programmed into the nature of the universe, cannot make their way into our awareness.
With every thought we think, we either summon or block a miracle. It is not our circumstances, then, but rather our thoughts about our circumstances, that determine our power to transform them.
– Marianne Williamson